This week, your little tadpole is starting to look a little bit more human. Other exciting developments include: Your baby's eyelids, ears, upper lip and the tip of his soon-to-be adorable button nose are forming. Junior will also sprout webbed fingers and toes this week—which you'll be well aware of in a few months, as baby starts early gymnastics classes inside you. Baby's tiny heart has separated into four distinct chambers and is really ticking now—at a rate of 150 beats per minute. That's more than twice your resting heart rate (even when Brad Pitt is on the screen). Your baby is now a little more than ½ inch long, about the size of the rock in Eva Longoria's engagement ring, and is about as heavy as the check Tony Parker wrote to pay for it.
This past week has been pretty rough compared to the last few. Lots of nausea and just general yucky feeling...and very tired. I'm usually ready for bed at 9 pm...and then passing out on the couch while Mike watches tv. I think I have to start eating more frequently and eating more...who would have ever thought that it would be ok to eat more???? Too bad I have no desire to eat....but, I must do it for the baby!! I've only gained 2-3 pounds and probably won't be showing for awhile yet. I can still fit into my clothes...but just picked up one of those belly bands that covers your pants if you don't want to or can't button your pants.
Next Monday is ultrasound #2...so stay tuned for more excitement!!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment