We got to see our baby again. And the baby is bigger than normal for this stage in the pregnancy. Which is great now, but if the baby is bigger than their father I will sadly have to cut them down at the ankles...maybe knees if I have too. But we got to see the baby moving around, kicking, punching, sucking their thumb, and.... I think.... the baby gave me the finger (I have to make a note to punish the baby later for that one).
Stacey and I were a little nervous with this visit because it was the big ultra-screen first trimester screening test. We find out in this test what the chances of our baby having certain chromosome issues (example: Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18/13).
We get there, and we are asked a billion questions by the doctor about our family history of diseases, illnesses, allergies, etc…. So as most of you know, you will understand that took over an hour on that laundry list between the two families (which FYI…Our kid will have none of these…I already talked to the baby about it). Anyways……..
Our visit was pretty long, but when it came to the ultrasound it was amazing!! (see pictures below)





Our kid was MOVING! I think they are ready to get out now.
When the test came back we were both a little nervous (as I said before) and because during our talk with the doctor I kept asking what are the chances that her results will come back NOT as a 40 year old giving birth but as say as a 25 year old? (The age I always say she is) And the doctor kept telling us that we should be very optimistic if it comes back saying she’s more like a 35 year old giving birth or even maybe, just maybe…… a 30 year old.
I was not convinced…. I had a feeling that it was going to come back really good.
When the test came back we were both a little nervous (as I said before) and because during our talk with the doctor I kept asking what are the chances that her results will come back NOT as a 40 year old giving birth but as say as a 25 year old? (The age I always say she is) And the doctor kept telling us that we should be very optimistic if it comes back saying she’s more like a 35 year old giving birth or even maybe, just maybe…… a 30 year old.
I was not convinced…. I had a feeling that it was going to come back really good.
The doctor was wrong I was right!
Her results went from 1 in 86 TO 1 in 1701 in have a down syndrome child!! The results of a TWENTY YEAR OLD WOMAN!!! Sooooo, I guess she can now say that her husband has been wrong about her age. Since I always say she’s 25, she is actually proven medically: 20 years old!!

So all in all….we had a great visit to the doctors!!
Stacey & Mike:
ReplyDeleteThese ultrasounds are amazing!!!! You can see our beautiful baby so clear.....how exciting!!!!
Take care of each other (all 3 of you) and the rest is all secondary!!
Love, Mom
Awesome photos!! :) Great post mike :)
ReplyDelete