Thursday, May 28, 2009

Week 27 - May 28

Week 27:
Baby's lungs and immune system are maturing this week as baby prepares for his grand entrance. If he were born today he would have an 85 percent chance of surviving as his lungs are capable of breathing air (with medical assistance, of course). Other exciting developments: Baby's done a lot of growing over the past few months. His length has more than doubled in the past 15 weeks! And that's not the only thing growing—baby's brain tissue and neurons are all developing at a rapid pace. His brain waves are now firing away just like those of a newborn baby. If baby is a he, his testes will have completely descended at this point.

Your baby now weighs in at approximately 14½ inches and just over 2 pounds, or about the size of that roast you made last time your in-laws were in town.

Last weekend was a very productive one! We spent 2 days organizing and cleaning out the basement crawl spaces and the finished part of the basement to get ready for Eli. Next project is clearing out all the extra stuff we have stored in his room....to get ready for the crib and dresser that we bought on Saturday. After about 2 months of doing research and debating about what furniture to purchase...I finally decided and we ordered it! We bought the Bonavita Peyton Lifestyle Crib and matching dresser. Here is the link to the crib if you want to see a picture of it: http://www.bonavita-cribs.com/peyton.html. The great thing about the crib is that it turns into a toddler bed and then a full size bed (headboard and footboard). So, the baby can potentially use the furniture for a very long time.

I continue to feel pretty good...aside from the need for sleep all the time! I am now officially am now in the 3rd trimester and am definitely getting bigger and slowing down. Eli likes to hang out on my right side with his feet hanging down, so when he moves or kicks I feel it in my pelvis....and he loves to move! I'm also starting to see a pattern of when he's active. It's a very surreal feeling....now that I really feel him...I am constantly aware that there is a little human growing inside of my belly. Exciting and a bit scary at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment