Thursday, July 16, 2009

Doctor Visit Update - 7/16/09

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for my regularly scheduled visit and all is looking good. My cervix is still closed even though I'm still having Braxton Hicks contractions....not as many as Monday, but still quite a few. I wasn't quite sure why I was sent to the hospital on Monday and asked the doc about it. He said that the baby's heartrate had dropped a few times on the monitor that was done in his office and he wanted it to be further checked out. Since I'm still contracting....and because of my "advanced maternal age" I now have to go into the office at least once a week to be put on the monitor. So, I go back tomorrow...just to be on the safe side. I also have to take it easy....not put on bed rest....thank goodness, but definitely realize that the more I move around and am active...the more contractions that I have. Generally, the contractions are normal at this stage in pregnancy...though, not more than 4 in an hour...and that's where the problem starts because it can put undue stress on the baby and the baby's heart. At one point I was having between 6-10 in an hour.

We are hoping that Eli stays put for at least another 3 weeks so his lungs are fully developed and will be considered at full-term.

Stay tuned....the saga continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment